Monday, February 6, 2012

Ingredients for a Yummy V day!


Cupid’s month is here. I am guessing a lot of pink and red in the shops to get you into a Valentine mood. Teddy bears, love coffee mugs, greeting cards; all that jazz. But what is it that could actually turn any given day into a real blast of romance? In my opinion, it is just the situation. He or she is there, you are there, but where are you? Is it a wedding, where she is fully decked up and blooming? Or is it a football match where he is sweaty and determined, all muscles ripping? Or maybe she is at her window, her hair undone, eyes scrunched up, staring at the dawn? Or the library, where his strong jaw is clenched in concentration over a physics sum? Sigh! I was once in a situation where my date and I were drenched in rain. I have written about it before, if you remember. However, every day there isn’t a ‘situation.’ Maybe that’s why mankind and nature, together have several ingredients to make things happen. Not just anything, romantic things!

Consider flowers. I would say red roses, even though it is a clichĂ©. Nothing is more romantic than the smoldering, velvety petals of a red rose. Needless to say, it’s scent is an aphrodisiac that has powers that nature has generously given for our benefit. Why not make the best use of them?

Coffee can excite the mind. The caffeine in it can elevate you out of your laziness and spur you into action. Find out how it is an aphrodisiac here. Share a cup with him or her on V day. Then come back and tell me what happened. (Wink!) 

Chocolate. Dark, dark, dark! The darker the chocolate, the more it makes a woman loosen her hair. So the scientists say. As a woman and a die-hard chocoholic, I can tell you those scientists are absolutely right. 

Music can perform miracles too. It could be the lyrics of “Pal pal dil ke paas,” or the steam in “Bheege honth.” Or how about Bryan Adams crooning “Have you ever really loved a woman,” or Chris Issak’s “Wicked Games.”

Candles can drive away more than just darkness. Switch off the lights and burn one this Valentine’s day and find out how. There are so many in the market. Choose one in your favourite colour and scent. Maybe tranquil lavender or yummy vanilla! 

Try the above five and let me know if it worked. Happy Valentine’s Day.

Please do things to my heart
Make my beat stop and start
Just ask to be mine
Please be my Valentine

4 comments:

  1. Awesome ideas Jo!!! Really romantic!!
    Now well the problem which comes to me is I have to first find the 'HE'!!!
    Once I find HIM I'll definitely apply all the ideas n get back to you!! Then I'll surely have the situations too :-)
    Though I love the coffee and the chocolates idea!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anks! Don't worry! It was a long time before I got to apply those things. Before that I used to still have a good time by loving and pampering myself with all the above. Trust me, we don't always need a HE! (Wink)

      Delete
  2. Wish I also land up in a situation!!
    And I just hope my guy does something this romantic....even one of what is mentioned here!!...I love the candles idea...damn romantic!
    I'll make sure he reads this post of yours...he really needs to get some ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be happy if one of my ideas help you get into a situation with your guy. And I say, don't wait for him. You can take matters into your own hands. Create a situation for him and find out what he does! Happy V day!

      Delete